Film Reviews: Crimson Peak and Bridge of Spies
Indie Double Feature: Beasts of No Nation and 99 Homes
-I also will have my Twilight series review and possibly a double feature of Goosebumps and Knock, Knock if possible!
OPENING THIS WEEK:
Wide: Goosebumps, Crimson Peak, and Bridge of Spies
Limited: Room, Beasts of No Nation, Truth, Meadowland, Experimenter, and Woodlawn
Expansions to Watch: Steve Jobs and Freeheld
BOX OFFICE RECAP AND PROJECTIONS:
- The Martian- $37M- Total: $109M– Week: #2
- Hotel Transylvania 2- $20M- Total: $117M– Week: #3
- Pan- $15M- Total: $15M- Week: #1
- The Intern- $9M- Total: $50M- Week: #3
- Sicario– $8M- Total: $27M- Week: #4
- The Maze Runner: Scorch Trials- $5M- Total: $71M– Week: #4
- The Walk- $4M- Total: $6M- Week: #2
- Black Mass– $3M- Total: $58M- Week: #4
- Everest- $3M- Total: $38M- Week: #4
- The Visit– $3M- Total: $61M- Week: #5
-Next Week’s Projected Order
1. The Martian..2. Goosebumps..3. Bridge of Spies..4. Crimson Peak..5. Hotel Transylvania 2
6. Pan…7. The Intern…8. Sicario…9. Woodlawn…10. Steve Jobs
TOP NEWS STORIES:
-Godzilla v. King Kong has been confirmed for a 2020 release date following both Godzilla 2 and Kong: Skull Island in a CGI monster-fest that I am more excited than is remotely necessary for. I liked the 2014 Godzilla film, and I LOVED the 2005 Peter Jackson King Kong, and as a kid growing up on the classic films of both these series’, I’m completely stoked. Bring on the carnage!
-Another week, another bunch of Marvel news: It appears that Ryan Coogler, director of the fabulous Fruitvale Station and of this year’s ‘Rocky’ spin-off Creed, may be throwing his hand into the Black Panther film which is scheduled to come out in a few years. If anyone can popularize an African-American superhero, which we sadly do not have enough of, it’s Coogler.
DIRECTOR IN FOCUS: BEST AND WORST OF…STEVEN SPIELBERG!!!
-Check out the best and (he doesn’t really have worst) of the all-time great director.
Best: Schindler’s List
Honorable Mentions: Saving Private Ryan, Jurassic Park, The Indiana Jones Trilogy, E.T.: The Extra Terrestrial, Jaws, Lincoln, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Catch Me If You Can, and Minority Report
Worst: 1941 (this old mostly-miss comedy)
Honorable Mentions: I guess Hook or The Lost World or Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, but none of those are really ‘worst’ material.
OUT ON REDBOX FOR RENT:
Testament of Youth: (Wanted to See This, Never Got To)
The Vatican Tapes: (Not Interested, Didn’t See)
Top 5 Rentals Already Out:
Furious 7- (Missed This Too, I’m Sorry!)
Leave a Reply